Eeeek! It’s time for a spooky update. The patch to prepare your game for the release of The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff has just gone live. Make sure your game is up to date and your Sims will be able to experience a whole new emotion.
New Scared emotional state & Brave trait
For the first time since the game got released back in 2014 The Sims 4 has gotten a new emotional state. Sims can now become scared by things happening to them, or when things really get too much for them they’ll become Terrified. The Scared emotion will be replacing emotions such as Tense and Uncomfortable for content of older packs as well.
Scared Sims can spread masshysteria to other Sims by screaming at them. The Sim will either respond by comforting the scared Sim or start screaming too. Other than that there will be another interaction which allows Sims to hide in the bed. Everybody knows you’re safe underneath your blanket-forcefield, right?
To counter your Sims from becoming scared the whole time, they’ll be able to buy the Brave trait via the Aspirations Rewards Store.
Cheats to make your Sim Scared in The Sims 4
Thanks to Dragonfreaky we’ve already found all the cheats to make your Sim Scared or even Terrified. Unfortunately you will need a mod for these cheats to work. We recommend the All Cheats mod by TwistedMexi.
Use the Cheat Console by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+C. Input the cheat code testingcheats true first before entering the cheats below. When you want to get rid of the Scared Mood, just replace add with remove.
|sims.add_buff buff_Environment_ScaredAmbienceLarge||Give your Sim a +3 Scared Moodlet. You can replace Large with Medium for a +2 and Small for +1 Moodlets instead|
|sims.add_buff Buff_Memory_scared||Give your Sim a +1 Scared Moodlet that will last for 4 hours|
|sims.add_buff buff_Sim_Scared_ScreamIncoherently_IrrationalDanger||Give your Sim a +2 Scared Moodlet that will last for 2 hours|
|sims.add_buff CheatingIntensityBuff_Scared||Become Scared for 20 whole days|
|sims.add_buff CheatingIntensityBuff_Terrified||Become Terrified for 20 whole days|
Equip the Brave Reward Store trait
There is also a cheat to give your Sim the new Brave trait. If you change the word equip to remove, you can remove the trait from your Sim.
(from Rewards Store)
Sims with this trait aren’t as easily frightened. Brave Sims regain their composure faster than most Sims and don’t mind being near supernatural beings such as Ghosts or Skeletons. Brave Sims also stay Confident longer than most Sims!
How to install the All Cheats mod
Step 1 – Download the Tmex-AllCheats.ts4script (found on the bottom op the page, above the comment section)
Step 2 – Place it in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods
Step 3 – Enable mods in you game options (Gameplay options > Other, and check both the “Enable Mods” and ” Enable Script Mods” options)
Step 4 – Restart your game (If the mod is loaded properly a popup will confirm it was loaded.)
Watch the Scared emotion in action
Read the official Patch Notes – Strangeness Amok
Update 1/21/2021 – PC 220.127.116.110/Mac 18.104.22.1680/Console Version 1.37
Something paranormal this way comes…
There are a number of new terrifying and spooky creatures waiting to make your acquaintance. Not all of them will try to scare you, and some are just downright cute. Still your sims lives are about to become a little otherworldly. It’s time to enjoy letting things get a little paranormal.
Boo! Were you Scared? Probably not…
But what you might be interested in hearing is that there is a new emotion that you may see your sims in starting with this patch. There are two levels to this emotion, Scared and Terrified. When you find that your sim is too scared to do things they will be able to try and calm themselves through a few methods… ones that I would obviously know nothing about… *shifty eyes*
There are a few different ways that your sims can try to rid themselves of their fear, things like hiding under the covers or screaming incoherently can put them on the track to being fine once again. A number of buffs from previous packs will now be updated and classified as scared or terrified. It should give a whole new dimension to your sims, it’s like they’re 4d! *hushed whispers* Ohh… that’s not what 4d is? Nevermind.
As a bonus, Simmers with a Razer Chroma enabled setup (Single Zone Chroma RGB Lighting is not supported) can get more immersed in The Sims by extending the experience to your desktop. The Razer Chroma lighting will reflect the moods of your selected Sims*, colors that match the theme of the secret world you are visiting and more. You can disable the dynamic lighting in Game Options > Other if this is something you don’t fancy as well.
*Please note that you will need to be running Windows with Razer Synapse installed and running to make use of the dynamic lighting.
-SimGuruRad and SimGuruRusskii
Now onto the FIXES
The Sims 4
- Fixed an issue related to game freezing or hanging related to Platforms usage that made the game unrecoverable.
- For our Xbox One Simmers, we have fixed an issue in which the audio was distorted after several hours of gameplay.
- Empty plates left on the counter will no longer have the “Load Dishwasher” option greyed out. Honestly, this was the universe telling you that you probably shouldn’t use the dishwasher for one plate, but you’re welcome.
- This editor and the Localization team fixed a few typos, capitalization issues, tweaked and enhanced (ENHANCE!) some translations across all packs as it is customary in all updates.
- Sims can now be opted out of Fame in the Options Menu once again. Don’t care about the bling or the hi-life, ‘cause Simoleons ain’t mean thing if ya ain’t Simming right.
- Fixed an issue in which Snowy Escape-locked CAS items were showing up when randomizing clothing in Create a Sim. And thus concludes the Window Shopping experience =(
Journey to Batuu
- We fixed an issue that made the game crash if you were idle for a while in Batuu. I know I am all for doing all the activities all the time, but taking a breather (or well, staring… I mean admiring Kylo for a while) and having the game crash? I can only take so much at one time, you know?
- Child Sims will no longer levitate or perform the “Warn about Bed Safety” interaction on Murphy Beds. Turns out the Child Sims had joined a levitating class, so things are looking up!
- The Media Marathoner will now properly display Power Consumption Ratings. When you waste electricity in the game, you’re wasting electricity in real life!
- Simmers who own Seasons will now see the “Egg Hunt” interaction on the Media Marathoner and the Media Marathoner All-on-the-Wall.
- Cat owners rejoice! Now balls of Yarn made by pet Cats are able to be kept as owned. Whew! Toys for life! Until the next item of interest appears…
- Fixed an issue in which Sims that didn’t have the Kleptomaniac Trait were able to have the “Attempt to Swipe” interaction available on balls of Yarn and Yarn Baskets. Kleptomaniac Sims rejoice on having their interaction for themselves…
- Fixed an issue that made the notification for acquiring the Aspiration Lord/Lady of the Knits was not being displayed.
- Sims’ feet will no longer sink into the ground if they decide to abruptly end (cancel the interaction) their Rocking on the Rocking Chair. I… Never mind, carry on.
- After Sims Teach to Knit, other interactions such as Knit will be able to be performed. This means that after teaching to knit, you can actually knit. That seems like it should happen!