How to play The Sims 4 Expansions earlier
In this tutorial you will learn how to unlock The Sims 4 expansions before it is actually available in your area. This only works if you have Windows to install the software. First you will need a the expansion game code. The fastest way to buy a game code is to Pre-order The Sims 4 Expansion on Origin.
When The Sims 4 expansion gets first released in let’s say Korea, connect to the VPN using steps shown above. Then, just run The Sims 4 from Origin. You’ll probably have to download an “Update” (just authentication files). Run The Sims 4 expansion, then disconnect from VPN. Basically you’re only using the VPN to unpack the encrypted game files and get authenticated, you shouldn’t need it after that is done.
How to install a VPN to unlock The Sims 4 expansion early
- Go to www.vpngate.net and Download SoftEther VPN Client + VPN Gate Client Plugin.
- Extract the software and open the .exe file in the extracted folder.
- Install the software and click on SoftEther VPN Client.
- Open software after install, double click VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers, search for a country where they will release The Sims Expansion first (this is almost always Korea). Click any Korean server you like, then connect.
- Open Origin to start your The Sims 4 Expansion download.
- When it’s downloading you can disconnect (crtl+d) and download according to your internet connection speed.
- Put on your VPN connection again to open and play the game. After you opened the game, you can turn it off.
These steps are all tested and working! You now reduced your wait time to play the new Sims 4 expansion!
Using a VPN connection is very slow so only use it when it’s needed.
Warning: Don’t use a VPN to get Origin games cheaper. This will get your account banned!
It is perfectly safe if you are just using it to unlock the game a little earlier after buying it legitimately.