Container House Challenge
Build a house in The Sims 4 created with shipping containers.
In real life shipping containers are very popular because it’s relatively cheap to build compared to normal houses. It’s also eco-friendly and to the containers’ modular design additional construction is easy when stacking more containers. So this is why I decided to make a Sims 4 Building Challenge of this idea.
There is no price limit and you can use any object you want as long as you keep the outside of the containers intact. If you want, you can place containers on top or next to each other so you can expand the house. Let’s Build!
- All Shipping Containers must be 12×4 squares.
- Don’t remove the walls of the 12×4 container but you can place extra walls within the container.
- Place as many containers as you want as long as they all have the 12×4 dimension.
- The outside of the house must have a container pattern (vertical lines). For example you can use the patterns: Pinstripe Grains, Vertical Clapboard (The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat), Clinical Panels (The Sims 4 Get to Work) or the CC Container Walls.
- Place an invisible floor on every container so you can add exterior trims. Use the Inlaid Exterior Trim for the realism.
- For the height of the house you can choose between a short wall or a medium wall height. Make sure when you choose one you use this height for all your containers.
- Roofs aren’t very common for these types of houses so try not to use them. (it’s not forbidden but it will look more like a container building if you decide not to place them)
Submit your entry on Facebook or Twitter for a chance to be featured in this article!
About the Building Challenges
We can all build large and expensive houses in The Sims 4, but what’s the challenge in that? Time to limit the options and test your building skills. I’m creating building challenges for you to compete in. You can use these challenges in Let’s Build video’s on YouTube, challenging a friend or testing your own building skills.
If you want to upload the house you build for these challenges use hashtag #TheSims4BuildingChallenge in The Sims 4 Gallery so people can find them easily. Same goes for twitter.