If you want to be a successful vet or maybe you want to create new treat for you pet you’ll need to level up the vet skill. You don’t have to own a vet clinic to do so but it will speed up the leveling.
You can learn the vet skill on the job by
- Examine pets
Each time you you’ll try to find a symptom by examine a pet it will increase your vet skill.
- Any actions at the administer crafting table
Such as lab work, crafting treats for pets, or making calming gels/serums.
Leveling up the vet skill can make your Sim better at finding out the symptoms and illnesses of pets on the examination table. If you want to train your staff at the vet clinic, you can just pay for a training and they will level their skills they need to become a great veterinarian.
Tip! Try to get your Sim focused when learning the vet skill. This will level up the skill much faster. Drink a cup of Pitch Black Tea before you start your day to get your Sim focused.
Vet Skill Unlocks
Increasing this skill will unlock new treat recipes and objects.
- Pet-themed mailboxes
- Craft Swampwater Taffy (Medicine Crafting Table)
Made with unfiltered swamp water, this chewy treat is sure to delight any pet! And then have some…other effects.
- Craft Liquid Nitrogen Nutrition Bar (Medicine Crafting Table)
As cool as this treat is, your pet might need a really, really warm blanket after eating it.
- Craft Scorching Cinnamon Chew (Medicine Crafting Table)
This treat doesn’t feel hot to the touch, but if your pet eats it, they’re in for a spicy surprise.
- Pet-themed wall decal: Raise Your Paws
- Administer Feelgood Serum (Exam Table)
You can now use this interaction on the exam table.
- The Stinkinator (Medicine Crafting Table)
We really wouldn’t recommend feeding this to any animal. They’ll stink, you’ll stink, the whole world will stink…
- Pet-themed wall decal: I WANTS IT
- Perk Points
- Sooth Pets at the Exam Table
- Craft Wellness Treats (Medicine Crafting Table)
Treat that boosts your pet’s wellness.
- Pet-themed wall decal: Jolly Day
- Craft Age-Up treat (Medicine Crafting Table)
Treat that causes your pet to age up.
- Craft Age-Down treat (Medicine Crafting Table)
Treat that causes your pet to age down.
- Pet-themed wall decal: Run Pug Run
- Craft Poop Randomizer (Medicine Crafting Table)
This treat does exactly what you think it does. Feed it to a pet and…watch what comes out the other end.
- Pet-themed wall decal: Everyone’s Best Friend
- Pet-themed wall decal: Ode to Yarn
- Perk Points
- Perform Lubricate Tailwagger Joint surgery
- Craft Ambrosia (Medicine Crafting Table)
- New door: Best Vet Door
Creating treats and placing it in the Vending Machine at your vet clinic will earn you a lot of money!
Cheat – Max Vet Skill
There is also a cheat to max your Sims Vet Skill. Use the Cheat Console by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + C. Input the cheat code below to max out your skill level. If you don’t want to max your skill level you can change the number 10 with the preferred skill level from 1 to 9.
stats.set_skill_level Major_Vet 10
Visit the Cheat Code page for all Cats & Dogs cheats.