Update time, Simmers! The SimGuru Gnome has just notified us of a new patch that brings, along with the usual bug fixes, some new features that will work well with the upcoming Spooky Stuff Pack we mentioned yesterday. Oh, and there’s even a new trait!
But let’s get a closer look at the patch notes to find out what’s new:
Update: 09/24/2015 – PC Version 126.96.36.1990 / Mac Version 188.8.131.520
An early Boo for you Simmers!
There seems to be some Spooky Stuff skulking in the shadows just around the corner, but before we peek into the candy bowl, we have a few treats for you in today’s release!
Don’t cry… I’ll tell you what’s new.
- Sims have a new social trait to choose – Jealous!
- These Sims get Jealous more easily than other Sims. They gain a boost of Confidence from being around their significant other, but get Tense if they haven’t seen them recently.
- Be wary of those jealous tendencies however – we spent some time encouraging Sims to react more consistently in situations where jealous reactions are warranted.
- Two new interactions have snuck their way into your social options along with a special icon next to them…
- The icon is there to indicate that these are limited time interactions.
- Limited? Yup, for a limited time only, we’ve introduced “Trick” and “Treat” interactions in preparation for that spooky festival at the end of October. We will be sharing more info on why being a Tricker or a Treater might matter in the coming weeks.
- A new interaction “Claim” can now be found on beds. Choosing this interaction will cause Sims to prefer the chosen bed when sleep comes to claim them.
I know, I’m excited about the fixed issues too!
- We fixed an issue that was causing some users to be unable to progress past acquaintance relationship status, no matter how high their relationship.
- This would be most obvious as players attempted to progress up the Friend of the World aspiration track – finding they were unable to complete several of the milestone tracks.
- The creative juices are flowing, the melody is visualized, and you are ready to write that song! And then you aren’t… you just want a snack, chat with your friends, or maybe it’s just time for work. But wait, you can’t stop writing the song! “Why!?” you scream silently.
- Fear not my little song writers. We have defeated the unseen entity that bound you to your song writing – now, you can stop writing that song (whether from a guitar or violin) any time your little Simmy heart desires.
- We fixed an issue that could be caused when using a trackpad, resulting in the cursor becoming stuck (most often while in Create a Sim), and leave users in an unplayable state.
- The Clayblob and Microscope slides are now live draggable.
- We were creating inventory issues by allowing items in the inventory that could not be live dragged, resulting in some bad behaviors.
- Sims that are soulmates prior to reaching the “Achieve Soulmate Relationship with Spouse” aspiration goal, will now auto complete that goal.
- New and Improved Soulmate 2.0! …when your first soulmate just doesn’t cut the aspirational mustard.
- Nothing says completed Space Rock collection like an Orchid! Aren’t space rocks and orchids practically synonyms for one another?
- “Hey mom, did you see this cool orchid I got from space camp?”
- “The bouquet of space rocks you gave me for mother’s day are beautiful sweetie.”
- Fine, we changed this. Now, you get a plaque. A commemorative plaque… are you happy? Space Rock Commemorative Plaque… it hurts just to say it.
- Elder Sims hair color no longer changes to grey when modifying their eye color.
- I knew it! Eye color, grey, hair, changes – it all adds up! Elders are old!
- We have added more lot sizes to the gallery filters in order to properly filter lots into their own sorts.
- The 40×30 and 50×40 sizes now have their own filter.
- We fixed an issue that was incorrectly locking the male beige cardigan (ymTop_CardiganCollar_Beige) from being worn by Sims.
- Sims now prefer to wash their dishes in a dishwasher rather than a sink.
- Divorced Sims, who live in the same household… really? Because that’s not a tiny bit awkward… will no longer autonomously sleep together in the same bed.
- The level 3 Criminal reward interaction “Pick Pocket” is once again available under the Mischief category after being unlocked.
- The “Go on 2 Dates” goal of Amore Amateur milestone will now properly track for all dates, no matter who initiated them.
- The help text for teen careers will no longer reference school performance tips.
- You will no longer be able to upgrade a broken refrigerator.
- I suppose, technically you can upgrade a broken refrigerator, since repairing it could be considered an upgrade from the broken state. So, it should have read “You will no longer be able to choose the interaction named upgrade when the refrigerator is broken.”
- But it was probably fine not going into that extra level of detail.
- The “Make a Friend” goal for the child Social aspiration will now properly satisfy… when you make a friend.
- Rugs now properly resize with the “[” and “]” keys when using the resize cheat.
- This has just opened up an entire new world of home decorating possibilities for me!
- Tense Sims can now resume their wood working crafts.
- I always find that when I’m feeling stressed out and tense, that wielding a hammer and a saw do wonders for my tension.
- I’m sure it’ll be fine.
- Fixed an issue where some sculpture objects were not able to be cloned with the eyedropper tool.
Get to Work
- The Lice Cold Freezer will now allow Sims to properly route to it in order to make a purchase.
- Placing a home from the gallery on top of a rented home in Granite Falls will no longer make the game unplayable.
- Yoga is definitely good for your health and fitness, but you should no longer expect your Sim to become hulking masses of pure muscle tone madness by doing Yoga alone.
- We fixed an issue that was preventing the use of Saunas when placed in a basement.
Perfect Patio Stuff
- The Hot Tub control panel should no longer hide for no apparent reason.
- The Buy a Hot Tub whim will now only complete when you buy a hot tub… not when you buy anything other than a hot tub.
Cool Kitchen Stuff
- Restocking an ice cream bowl will now also include ice cream in the bowl.
- I’ve often found that when bringing my children to an ice cream shop, having ice cream as the end result often yielded greater positive results over simply stepping in to grab a spoon.
- Dragging a carton of ice cream onto a counter will no longer cause the carton of ice cream to disappear.
- Leaving a carton of ice cream on the counter however does increase its probability of disappearance through natural causes.
- The Steam Catcher (a ceiling light) has been made easier to find by sorting it within the stove sort.
- That made more sense when we fixed it than it does when we read about the fix.
- Ice Cream tubs can now be live dragged into the refrigerator for safe keeping.
- Now you can make tubs and tubs of ice cream without feeling guilty as you watch them melt away on the counter tops. Just place them in a fridge for a dozen nights of ice cream delights!
- Dragging a partially eaten bowl of ice cream will no longer refill the ice cream bowl magically.
- Why can’t this be true!? Whyyyyyyyy!?
- The game will now properly launch when Origin is set to offline.
Thank you for your feedback, keep the tricks and treats coming, and happy Simming,
As always, be sure to remove all your mods and custom content to avoid issues. If you experience some weird things after an update, repairing your game might fix them (right click on the game box art and click ‘repair game’.)
If you have automatic updates enabled (you can find this option in the Origin settings) then you won’t have to do nothing. If you have this option disabled instead, you have to right click on the game box art and select ‘Check for update’.